The Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra) has said that there have been no confirmed sightings of Asian hornet in the UK so far this year.
The most recent sighting of Asian hornet in the UK was near Christchurch, Dorset, confirmed on October 1, 2019. Two nests (a primary nest and a related secondary nest) were detected and destroyed.
Since 2016, there have been 18 confirmed sightings of Asian hornet in England. This figure includes a total of nine nests, all of which were destroyed.
Confirmed UK sightings of the Asian hornet in 2019:
- Christchurch, Dorset: Confirmed October 10, nest destroyed
- Christchurch, Dorset: Confirmed October 1, 2019, nest destroyed
- Ashford, Kent: Confirmed September 9, 2019, single hornet captured
- Tamworth area, Staffordshire: Confirmed September 2, 2019, nest destroyed
- New Milton, Hampshire: Confirmed July 3, 2019, single hornet captured
Published: 24 June 2020
Searching Entire Site
When searching the whole site page results may include editions
of Pest magazine. The search is unable to take you to specific
pages in the magazine so you will need to review the whole
edition to find what you are looking for.
Searching News & Library
To search the news/library, type in any word or phrase or use
the keywords listed at the top of the list to select your topic
Searching Pest Magazine
To search the magazines, type in your search word or phrase.
The results will show all editions that include your word(s) but
not the page within the issue, so you will need to review all the